Jesus Loves the Little Children

I sure enjoy seeing parents who have a strong bond even though they have decided to part ways for one reason or another but have still maintained a friendship to where they can co-parent their children together in unity.  It seems that this is very rare, but how great would it be to still be on the same page with the person who fathers or mothers your children?

Whether we have a great relationship with our children's parent or not, we can rest in the fact that these children are lent to us for a short time, but are in actuality, God's children.  God knew them before they were born.  God knows who they will grow up to be.  We are never parenting alone and we can only do what we can do.  Yes, stand in as a voice for your child to ensure safety and well-being, but we cannot take the responsibility of others and what they do or say to our children.  If we have done everything we can on our end, it is in that moment that all we can do is to continue to lift our children up to God and pray for protection and guidance of the individuals who influence them.

I choose to be the solid foundation that my son knows he can come back to when feelings are hurt, or he goes through tough times with his father.  Without badmouthing his father, I can simply love and uplift him in Christ.  I can teach him to find his worth in Christ alone. 

Pray for the other parent and try to show them Jesus in every situation while also keeping your child's best interest in the forefront of your decisions. You have been given an amazing yet difficult opportunity as a parent.  I applaud you for not taking that responsibility lightly.



He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them,  "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

Mark 9:36-37



No comments:

Post a Comment