Just A Little Resolution

With Christmas behind us and the new year already underfoot it is that time of year for resolutions.  Statistically 4 out of 5 people break their resolutions within the first week of making them.  Gives a lot of hope to those of us who have some very important goals, right?

I love the thought of resolutions and I think that even if they are broken in the first week, the goals and ideas that were thought out and desired still happened at least!  They were still contemplated, analyzed and decided upon.  That is something to celebrate!  I think a lot of the reasons that resolutions are not carried through to completion is because they are too lofty!

Every year I think I'll get more exercise, drop some pounds, be a better person, read my bible more, help more people and at the end of every year I feel disappointed that I didn't reach my goals like I thought I should.  Ever feel this way? Ever thought of why we feel this way?

Bottom line is that your dreams, goals, and ambitions are yours and only yours.  If you say, "I'll drop 20 lbs this year" and only lose 5 lbs; how do you feel?  Do you feel like you accomplished a smaller hurdle of 5 lbs or are you busy looking at the 15 that didn't come off?

Life is full of resolutions, promises, and commitments that often times are full of disappointment.  I do believe that goals are great and that big goals equal into dreams being fulfilled, however life never turns out the way we planned.  I heard the saying once, "We plan and God laughs".  Kind of a cute saying, although I doubt God laughs at the desires of our hearts, but the message is clear.  Your goal, is your goal and it may work out or it may not work out.  I think the important thing to remember is the journey towards your goal and not the end result.

Be the best that you can be and like my friend says, "Do the next right thing."

Blessings to you all and Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment