Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my blog!  I am very excited to have the pleasure of sharing my life journey and perceptions with you from the world of single parenting.  I am a firm believer that community helps in raising a child and this is true even in the two-parent home.  When an individual becomes a single parent either by choice or by force, it still takes a community to help raise a child!  The difference in my opinion is that the necessity for community comes at an even greater burden.  It is often feared, resented, or just plain not talked about, by those who do not understand what really goes on in the one-parent home.  How could someone truly understand when they haven't been there or do not know firsthand what experiences are being had by both the parent and especially the child?

You might be wondering why I am an expert to write on this topic.  Answer is simple, I'm not an expert...I'm simply living it.  Through unforeseen circumstances, I became a divorced mother of one son after 9 years of marriage.  Most of those parental years were solo parenting and so the transition to a single parent, while still hard, was already established physically.  My son has grown out of the toddlerhood stage and within the past couple of years has really started processing that our household is different, in that his Daddy lives with another family.  The stories you'll read and the interpretations that I have are simply that...mine.  I strongly encourage you to take what I write and weave them into your very own lives.

If you are reading this blog and are not a single parent, I hope to bring you insight into how you can help those around you who are.  If you are a single parent, know you are definitely not alone!  This road can be very lonely and full of the adventure you never saw yourself taking BUT it can also be an amazing journey that you will experience like no one else can.  While reading this blog, please give feedback and please provide topics that you'd like to read about.  Thank you for taking your time to join me in The Single Parenting Journey!

14 comments:

  1. So blessed by this. I am a single mom of 4, homeschooling, working full time and feeling everyday stronger in this journey because of the LORD and the other moms travelling the same journey.
    I look forward to more of your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. This really helps me. I am a recently divorced father of 5, ages 2, 5, 7, 10 & 12. My ex-wife walked out on us after 15 years of marriage for a lesbian. Needless to say it has devastated my kids because they were taught that God's word says that is a sin and they don't understand why mom is living in sin. For me it has been difficult in adjusting to doing everything because she was a stay at home mother. If it wasn't for God and my church family, I'm not sure if I could have made it. Thank you again for sharing your life with others. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are joining this blog Jo! Your insight as you grow stronger will be wonderful to read along the way! Blessings to you and your four precious kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet friend on my single mom blog just sent me your link today. :) So glad to join you on the journey! We serve a MIGHTY God who delights in being a husband, father, friend, and counselor! Christie Aitken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thaddaeus, I am so glad you are here and I hope you will find support through this blog and through other readers as they share their experiences! Church families are vital in this journey and I am so glad you've found a good one! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christie, SO glad to have you! What is your blog URL? So thankful for such a MIGHTY God! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.SingleMomCentral.net and http://www.ChristieAitken.net

      Delete
    2. I love all of your inspirational posts! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  7. Meg, I also have a blog. So amazing how our God puts like hearts and situations together. Looking forward to much more :)
    Inspiredthroughfaithhomeschoolacademy@blogspot.com
    In Christ,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing with me, Jo! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finding a blog such as yours is far from coincidental. Just this month I made the decision to leave a three year marriage due to emotional and verbal abuse. There were other issues with his spending habits and his pursuit of pleasure in hobbies on the weekend and dating sites. we are going through the separation process. My son is at a Christian daycare with high standards. I am looking for a church home for us.
    In some respects my story is similar to yours in that I took on responsibility for being the responsible parent. It's tough when you have to work; but for my son I will go on. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story and I am very glad you are here.

      Delete
  10. We have no control over others decisions...free will is a choice. Sometimes it creates a challenging heartbreak when others are affected by poor decisions. Have faith God knows the plan.

    ReplyDelete