Finding Joy. Dig Deep!

"Lately it seems like one thing after another."

"I'm tired of feeling this way!"

"When will this all stop?"

"Just once today I'd like things to work out!"

"I wish I could just go back to bed!"


Do you find yourself saying those lines or something similar? Life is full of unfairness, unhappy feelings, exhaustion, and disappointments.  It is easy to jump to those statements or the questioning of our circumstances when things go against our expectations. 

Do you feel like your load increases drastically on certain days where one thing after another tests your endurance and patience?  We can find ourselves accepting that we are having a bad day but we also can have the upper hand because we know exactly who creates the lies that keep us from moving on from it!  Satan loves nothing more than for us to believe that we are 1) alone in what we are feeling  2) should remain victims of our circumstances and 3) there is no way out. 

Those are lies.  We know they are lies, yet sometimes we can find ourselves falling into them and mistaking them for truth.  Yesterday was a really bad day for me, but I found that reciting all the good that happened that day and keeping in perspective of how blessed I really am, kept me from falling victim to what the day held.  There really isn't a fail-proof formula that will keep you from ever feeling beat down from a bad day but it helps to know what the bible speaks of in truth.

Next time you are having a bad day, ponder on these:

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Jeremiah 29:11-12
  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment