A Refreshed Attitude


I completely understand those individuals who feel that a change can happen at any time and that there is nothing magic about a new year that enables one to seek change.  That is very true, however many people feel a new year acts as a start button for a better outlook, higher goals, and increased motivation to go a different direction in life. It is a great time to feel as if the starting line has once again reached our ability and that we are not playing catch up, but beginning a new race.

I love setting goals at the beginning of the year.  It seems easier and much more attainable for some reason.  For one, my attitude is better.  I have had a little downtime from normal life during the holidays and typically I've spent time with friends or family which was much needed after unsettling distance during the months before.  It is a time to think of others and take the focus off of ourselves for a bit.  When the new year hits I suddenly draw the focus back to myself with a refreshed attitude and outlook on possibilities.  Even though I know the statistics and that most New Year goals are unmet, it remains a possibility in my mind that I can and will beat the odds. 

So, what are your goals for 2014 and beyond? Even if you are not the goal-setting type, surely there is something you hope that will be accomplished in this coming year!

For me it is pretty simple.  My goal is for peace.  That I am able to find peace throughout any circumstance that comes my way.  That is a choice that only I can make happen for myself through God's promises.

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

Cheers to positive attitudes and goal setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment