To Make You Feel My Love


Recently, I was listening to music while working and a song came on the player that stopped me dead in my tracks.  I've heard this song many times before and always acquainted it with a deeply romantic relationship.  This time however, I felt as if God gave me these words as a confirmation of my commitment to my son.  The words struck me right to the core and it brought about a refreshed confirmation that he is why I do what I do.  Helping him with his homework, explaining every "why" question, working many hours to be a good provider, laundry at midnight, last minute packed snacks and lunches when I'm running late...etc.  The list could go on and on!

I cry when he cries and I love to see him laugh and thrive.  Parenting gives you such emotion and love to do things for your child that you never dreamed would be important to you.  Your priorities change forever at that first knowledge you are to be a parent.  Just because we are now parenting 'alone', those priorities don't change and I praise God for the endurance He gives us to get through all of those "to do" activities when our bodies want to "not do".

Isn't it so true that we would do anything for our children to ensure that they grow up happy, healthy, and successful in God's plan? Maybe that is partly why you are a single parent.   We do well most days and even if you are like me and still learning how to do this 'single parent business', we can be constantly relying on God and His plan for our lives.  That my friends are one of blessings we can teach our children!  It is amazing to witness when they have seen their prayers answered or when you are able to point out how God has blessed your lives in even the little ways.  The way the seed they planted grew into a flower, and the way they were scared to go to sleep but were blessed with a restful slumber.  Things like that.  Where is God touching your lives? Explain them to your children and bring them to the greater picture of God's plan for everything, but most importantly...God's plan for them. 

I think if we remember those little ways we are blessed as single parents, it also helps us to go from day to day and to persevere.  Remember those little blessings, and see how God will bless your commitment to your children.

Click to listen: To Make You Feel My Love

Lyrics

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear

And there is no - one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet but I would never do you wrong

I've known it from the moment that we met no doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
Know there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on the rolling sea and on the highway of regret

The winds of change are blowing wild and free

You ain't seen nothing like me yet

I could make you happy make your dreams come true

Nothing that I wouldn't do 

Go to the ends of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love, To make you feel my love

14 comments:

  1. As I read this line in your blog -

    Isn't it so true that we would do anything for our children to ensure that they grow up happy, healthy, and successful in God's plan?

    I was taken back to the day that I finely understood how much God loved me his "kid". I was looking at my son and thought, "I would do anything for this baby" and felt God say, "just like I will do anything for you!"

    How wide, how deep is His Love for His children? When we have children of our own we can understand a little better His Love for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Even though I am not sigle parenting I think every parent can resonate with the lyrics of that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg... OK that was an amazing cry I needed! :) That is the perfect song ever! I am a single momma of an autisic 7 year old who has other special needs as well.. I almost lost my lil man Korbin back in dec when he had 3 feet of his colon removed. God was the only one that was there in the lonly nights of the hospital rooms when i cried myself to sleep... He would let me cry many nights, and that one night he wipped my tears... Thats when I knew, God truly made me to be Korbins momma and take care of him and go to the ends of the earth for him. Which I have came close to... Since the doctor that we have is a 5 hour drive one way. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story, single parenting is VERY VERY hard! I just want to encourage you and all the other parents to seek God daily, I have found a new strength since I started praying daily and getting into his Word! IF you want to catch our story... our blog is... www.korbinscare.blogspot.com Just thank you so much for sharing this song, it really has but a new light on things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, what a story you have! You are living the depths of that song every day of your life! You are such a strong woman and I admire who you are in Christ and to Korbin! I will absolutely check out your blog and keep up to date on what is going on with your lives. May God show you blessings everyday!

      Delete
    2. hey meg... check out what i just found!!! http://www.lifewithjack.com/2012/05/1st-corinthians-13-for-moms.html
      TOTALLY love this!!! so encouraging!!!

      Delete
    3. Hi I can relate to you in so many ways. I am "new" at this single mom stuff. As of last month legally but my daughter's father has been in and out of her life since being pregnant and she is only four. I have been a stay at home mom up to this point now working on getting my life in order to do whatever it takes to get Haylie everything she needs. My ex-husband started and continues walking a path that is not good. I just knew that living that way wasn't ok for me or Haylie. It is a comfort to know that I am not the only one going through what we are and also makes me thankful that some day I will be able to look back thankfully for what God has us walking through now.

      Delete
    4. Kristy,

      Thank you for sharing! You absolutely are not alone! You are going to do a great job raising Haylie. Any input you can give into these blogs with your situation will surely help others on this same journey as well.

      Blessings,
      Meg

      Delete
    5. hey meg how do i add music to korbins page?!

      Delete
    6. I searched "google" for the mp3 of that song and found a website that gives free MP3 URLs. You can then add that link to your page. :)

      Delete
  4. This has been a favorite song of mine for a long time. I never "listed" to it that way until I read this blog. I am a single mom of two daughters and WOW! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Syndi! I love when God reveals things to us, even if we've heard it over and over. Blessings to you and your daughters!

      Delete